Note: There are five different types of approval routing: order, expense, travel, bills and payments. If you wish to set up travel and expense approval routing, click here. If you prefer to have just the order approval routing, the expenses and travel will follow the “order” approval routing.
1. Click Approval Routing under the Settings tab:
2. Select which location/department that you’d like to add an approver for. If you have multiple locations, click on the drop down (highlighted in yellow):
3. Once you’ve selected the correct department and location, click on the Add Approver button:
4. Select an approver by clicking on the Approver drop down. Next, Input a dollar amount threshold. A threshold indicates how much an approver can approve up to before it moves onto the next level:
5. In this case, Neil Armstrong can approve up to $250.00. Click Add:
6. Congrats! You’ve added an approver:
Case 1: All users have a threshold of 0.00. A request would go through all three Approvers before being final approved by Frank Borman.
Case 2: The Requester can choose either Kathryn or Neil to approve their order. Once Kathryn or Neil approves the order, it will go to Frank Borman for final approval.
Case 3: In this case, you have multiple Level 1 Approvers with different thresholds.
If a request comes in for $500 or less, the user can choose either Kathryn or Neil. Kathryn or Neil can final approve this order. It would not go through to Frank Borman.
If a request comes in for over $500, Kathryn can still approve this order, but it will go to Frank Borman afterwards for final approval.
If a request comes in for $501 - $2,000, Neil can final approve this order. It would not go through to Frank Borman.
If a request comes in over both Level 1 Approver's threshold, the requester will be able to choose either Kathryn or Neil. After Kathryn or Neil approves the request, the request will push through to Frank Borman for final approval.
The Standalone Approval Routing toggle allows you to create customized approval routings for expenses and travel requests. If you want your orders, expenses, and travel requests to have the same approval routing, switch the toggle OFF.
If you want customized approval routings for your expenses and travel requests, switch the toggle ON, and follow the steps above to create your approval routing.
Contact us at email@example.com